Wednesday, November 17, 2010

EnPIEclopedia - Tasty Pie Recipes

By Cameron Nordholm (originally posted to Flickr as DSC_0029)
[CC-BY-2.0 (www.creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
The New York Times has a big article up today on the new pie wave gripping San Francisco and New York (read it here), arguing that this trend is a harbinger of the rise of the pie age and the end of the cupcake age. Personally, I think this is much ado about nothing, as who can't accept pies and cupcakes peacefully co-existing? Can't our desserts just get along?

Nonetheless, the article offers up some darn tasty looking recipes, so I thought I'd share them all with you here. Go forth and make pies, my good friends.

Pie Recipes
Rye Pecan Pie from Diner in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NYC

Butter Pie from Butter Love Bakeshop in San Francisco

Apple Green-Chili Pie With Cheddar Crust and Walnut Streusel from Chile Pies and Ice Cream in San Francisco

Groovy Pie Places
The NY Times also raved about Mission Pie in San Francisco, Momofuko Milk Bar and Hill Country Chicken in Manhattan, and Four and Twenty Blackbirds in Brooklyn.

One Pie Dough To Rule Them All
I would, however, be remiss not to mention Chez Pim's admirably arrogant claims regarding her ultimate pie dough, the One Pie Dough to Rule Them All (grab it here). It makes me imagine her cradling her rolling pin in the kitchen while moaning, "My Precious!"

Happy pie making to you all. Yes, even you, Golum.

You should follow me on Twitter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment