- Leitz Eins Zwei Dry Riesling (Germany 2009). Amazing bouquet, just superb. You'll hear the Gap Band playing "You Dropped a Bomb on Me" when you drink this.
- Henry Varnay Blanc De Blanc NV (France 2009). It looks like champagne. It smells like champagne. And it tastes like a terrific, affordable champagne. It's not champagne, so you save money and still enjoy the experience.
- Gobelsburger Kamptal Gruner Veltliner (Austria 2009). While we're on bubbly wines, enjoy this effervescent one, very nice.
- Domaine du Grand Moulin Loire Sauvingnon Blanc (France 2009). Terrific bouquet.
- Atticus John Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley 2009). Nice, big red with a very smooth finish.
- Otto's Constant Dream (OCD) Syrah (New Zealand 2009). Very smooth Syrah without a sharp finish so you don't wince once it goes down. You will have to resist the urge to think of it as obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) Syrah.