Saturday, August 15, 2009

Playing With Fire and Water: Raspberry Kaffir Shortcake



Playing With Fire and Water has some beautiful pictures of Linda's raspberry kaffir shortcake, consisting of a brown butter biscuit, raspberries and kaffir cream. You can see it all here.

I have no idea what kaffir is. Do you?

Before you curse my name for asking and not answering the question, here's the dictionary definition:
"a citrus tree (Citrus hystrix) of southeastern Asia having aromatic leaves and roundish thick-rinded green fruits used especially in Thai cooking."
Huh.

(By the way, there's a terrific restaurant here in Montclair with the quite descriptive name "Thai Chef," you can check them out here. Their site, though, makes me wonder why is it that just about every restaurant's web site is written in Flash? I dislike Flash for brochure sites. You can't copy any useful text you might want to refer to later, like, say, a menu, and Flash is terrible for the restaurant to get noticed because search engines can't read the site's text. So, why do they do it? Tell me, why? Why? Argh. Okay, that's enough of that.)

I don't know about you, but I love all savory foods Thai, so I'm going to have to pick some up next time I'm at the market, put my mad scientist Dr. Horrible outfit on, and experiment. Hazzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment